Tuesday, July 6, 2010

FLYlady Zone mission #2

So this is something I soooooo need to do! Having the right containers to store food helps keep your budget on track also!

Today we are going to de-clutter our leftover, food storage, plastic,
Rubbermaid, Tupperware, Glad-Ware, etc. containers! Do you have excess
lids? More bowls than lids? Stained and/or Melted? Do we even need to
talk about those old margarine, ice cream and sherbet containers?

It is time to let go of this clutter. I am not telling you that you
can't keep any containers, I am telling you to get rid of the ones
that have no lids, stained and the ones that keep getting shoved in
the back because it just isn't a size that works for you.

I don't know what a reasonable number of containers to own is, that
is a personal choice that has to be made on how you cook, store and
the size of your family. I just know that if you haven't de-cluttered
these items in the past 6 months it is time to really go through them
and start tossing!

A quick hint that is helpful, take a large zip top plastic bag to
store the lids in, this keeps them together and keeps them from
spilling all over the inside of your cabinet.

Spend 10 minutes doing this, don't get sidetracked and rip apart your
cabinets and drawers. One thing at a time.


I will tackle this after I've had my morning coffee! :)






Have a Blessed day/night,

No comments: